Knowing your heart rate when you exercise is critical to making sure that your efforts are burning fat and strengthening your heart – and the
Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor is the perfect tool to help you do that.
This monitor is worn on your wrist and comes with a chest strap that is used to help monitor your heart rate during exercise. It’s easy to set up and to wear while you work out and allows you to get relevant, accurate information.
The chest strap fits a wide variety of sizes and even plus-size customers report that it fits well. You’ll need to wet the strap before using it. Water conducts electricity and this will allow the watch to pick up the activity of your heart.
While you’re exercising, you’ll be able to read your heart rate from the large, clear display. This will allow you to know when it’s time to increase your intensity or to slow down a little to get your heart rate back in the correct target zone.
By entering some of your personal information, you’ll get even more data that’s personalized to you – including the right beats per minute for your age and the number of calories you’re burning during exercise.
While this heart rate monitor works great on land, it’s also perfect if you enjoy water exercise. It’s water resistant and can be used while swimming or even during a water aerobics class to measure how hard you’re working.
This monitor also uses GymLink to connect to gym equipment that is capable of sharing information with it. That makes it easy for you to get the most out of your workout routine at the gym.
Customers who have purchased this heart rate monitor have been thrilled with the way it looks, fits, and performs. It’s easy to use and provides accurate information so that you can monitor your progress.
If you have heart problems and need to make sure you’re not overdoing it, you can count on this device to give you accurate information. You can set it to give you an alarm when you’re too high or too low.
That means you can work out without having to constantly stare at the monitor. In addition to showing your heart rate, this monitor also doubles as a watch. It shows the date and time and can has an alarm clock setting as well as snooze function.
With the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor you can get accurate information while you work toward better fitness.
Here are few comments from people why they like the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor:
• It works as good as the FT7 but doesn’t have the fit burn vs fat burn feature. But still does good with accurate HR and calories burned.
• I LOVE this thing, and recommend to my friends. Quite honestly, I get frustrated if I forget it at home because I like to know my workout stats – especially in a cross-training session, or spin class!
• Comfortable – watch and the heart rate monitor. I do not mind the strap that lays under my chest. Some say its uncomfortable and I haven’t had that even through cross fit work outs
• It is secure to my arm – normal watch clasp (unlike vivofit that fell off and if it didnt hit the ground with the front glass I would not of known and lost it, like so many others have)
• It is easy to run. All functions are easy to operate
Here are few comments from people why they dislike the Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor:
• I had trouble getting this to sync.
• Quit working after 8 uses. Contacted polar via chat, phone and email. Each time they directed me to another channel. Then they said it was my fault for not washing the strap with soap and water after every use.
• I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT I USED THIS ONLY 3 TIMES AND IT STOPED WORKING!!!
• Most of the time the watch doesn’t read my heart rate. Sometimes, I’m on the treadmill, and I can see my heart rate on the treadmill (it reads Polar) and my watch doesn’t display it.
• I am extremely disappointed with my purchase — and have returned the watch — only to have been charged a $15 restocking fee?!!!